Saturday, October 17, 2009

Surprise!

This last weekend I wanted to Surprise Tyler and do something really nice for him. He has been studying for the LSAT and the GRE like crazy. Sometimes it is exhausting watching him study so much! He has been working so hard so I wanted to give him a little break!

So crazy enough.. I kidnapped him on saturday morning, packed his bags for him and took off for a weekend in cedar city. I think he was pretty surprised that I had thought I could pull something like this off! He was also a good sport during the long drive down and I think actually liked the surprise trip.

We had a really good time. We went and saw a play at the shakespearean festival, watched some good movies and had a nice break from the studies!!! My favorite part of the trip was the car rides because we were able to just talk and share our feelings with no outside distractions!!

Thanks Tyler for going along with my crazy ideas!!!

Also, we couldn't have gone on this little weekend getaway without the help of my parents. So I just wanted to give a shout out to them and tell them THANK YOU again and tell them how much I love them!!! They are the best parents that I could ever ask for!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're the cutest wife!! I had to give Chad a break! On his last final exam, I had all his friends come over and surprise him for a party! I like your idea better, my hometown rocks!!! :)I'm jealous you went through Parowan!!!!!

The Moss Clan said...

YOu are a cute wife too! I bet Chad loved that! It was way fun going down there. It was funny because when we passed parowan I told Tyler that you grew up there.. and he thought I meant that you lived there now so he asked me if I wanted to come and say hi for a couple of hours. It is really fun down there. It reminded me of when we went to New York. ha ha. :)

Sara Newton said...

Katie, that's so thoughtful of you! I wish Michael had even 6 hours for me to take him away...but instead, when we went to Amish country, he read in the car on the way there and back. He's so busy! It's an hour away from us, so it's not very far at all! Glad you guys had fun!