Friday, January 8, 2010

I read this quote on my friend/old neighboor Natalie Andrews blog and simply loved it!!!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." — Marjorie Pay Hinckley

I hope that this is how I can live my life. With a smudge here and there to remember that life is really about living and helping those along the way!!!

3 comments:

Matt and Brooke said...

I love this!!!

Megan said...

This is one of those quotes that has stuck with me all day. I had to log back on and comment because it really is good. I want to be like that too! We miss you
megan

Ashley said...

That is a really awesome quote, I might put that on my blog if you don't mind. I loved Sister Hinckley, she was such a sweet woman.